Saturday 6 July 2013

Japanese Chic


So, after weeks of waiting, I have finally received my university results and I can proudly say that I shall be graduating from London Metropolitan University with a 2:1 honours degree in Fashion Marketing. In order to celebrate this amazing news, I headed down to Cardiff to reunite with my best friend Molly, who has recently returned from her 3 month volunteering experience in Ghana.


On my first day in Cardiff, I decided to wear something a little brighter and sexier than usual. I recently bought this pretty Japanese-style floral print Kimono from the Zara sales, which I fell in love with straight away which I wanted to wear, what do you think? Cute - right?!



As you guys have probably noticed by now, Mom jeans are my favourite jeans of the season. I literally wear them all the time, one - they are super comfortable and two - I love the retro look that they reflect. Crop tops are also in, paired them together and what a wonderful match, ey?


Japanese-style prints have been a big trend for the past two seasons, I especially like the Japanese-style floral prints. This kimono reflects elegance and an element of chicness. It has now definitely become one of my favourite items within my wardrobe.


The summer sales have got to be the best sales throughout the year, even better than the january sales! I have honestly bought some really good garments this time around, especially from Zara, to which is probably my favourite store - no surprise there! These black sandals with a wooden platform, I had been eyeing up for the past couple of months, but had never actually got round to buying and amazingly went into the sale and half price! So of course, I did what any woman would do - buy them without thinking twice! Love, love, love them so much! Like mentioned before I also bought the kimono in the sales as well, got to say Zara this time have an amazing selection of discounted garments in the sale, if you haven't visited the store as of yet, do so asap! The statement necklace (below) was also bought in the sale however from Mango, such a cute necklace! What do y'all think of my recent purchases?


Make up: Foundation - Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Radiance Foundation | Loose Powder - Chanel | Bronzer - Chanel | Blusher - Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blush | Eyeliner - Chanel | Mascara - Benefit They're Real Mascara | Lipstick - Estee Lauder (Shade - Solar Crush)


Outfit: Jeans - Topshop | Crop Top - Zara (old), similar here: ASOS & River Island | Kimono - Zara similar here: Topshop & Net-a-Porter | Platform Heels - Zara | Statement Necklace - Mango | Sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs | Watch - Michael Kors | Bracelet - Marc by Marc Jacobs

Thanks for reading! 

Yours Truly,

Mickey Boots 

xoxo

Photo by Molly Ferrier 

No comments:

Post a Comment