Thursday 27 June 2013

Monochromic Effect


I know it has been a while since I last updated you guys on what's going on in my life and my outfit posts, so I sincerely apologise for that. To be totally honest, I recently finished university so I felt I needed a long break, so now I feel fresh and fabulous and ready to dedicate myself 100% to this blog. 

I recently did a collaboration with fashionstyleology.com in which I had the fantastic opportunity to have my photo taken for an up and coming London Street Style book which will be launched in late July. The book which has been created by the founders and faces behind fashionstyleology.com features photos of 100 of London's most creative and fashionable individuals, in which the theme is street style fashion. As soon as the book is released, I'll make sure to let you know where it is available to purchase! 

So.. in order to celebrate this fantastic opportunity I thought I would share with you some of the photos which were taken of me on that day. All photos were taken by talented photographer Ningyuan Sun ( Dark Age Photography), Ningyuan has a Facebook page in case any of you want to look further into his work. My favourite photo is the one above, what do you guys think??


On the day, I decided to go for quite a formal look and since monochrome is my favourite trend this season, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to reflect both my personal fashion tastes and styles within this particular outfit. I tend to adapt to many different styles and trends however I do feel I have two very different styles which I often repeat (as you've probably noticed already), I often go for either a edgy look or a very feminine look. This outfit reflects my love for smart, clean, simplistic yet feminine style. I absolutely love the colour black, I think that black always does justice for me personally as for everyone else as well. 


To be totally honest, this outfit is very simple, it is the accessories that make the outfit stand out that little bit further - which shows how important it is to accessorise an outfit! My favourite piece in this outfit has got to be my monochrome strap sandals from Zara, which have in fact gone into sale now! They are one of my favourite heels of the moment and have the added bonus of being super comfortable! What do you guys think of my choice of outfit for the day?? 


Outfit - Blazer: Miss Selfridge | Textured Pencil Skirt & Gold Metal Waist-belt: Warehouse | Lace Peplum Top: Zara (last season) | Pearl Statement Necklace & Monochrome Strap Sandals: Zara | Sunglasses, Gold Bangle & Bow Statement Ring: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Metal Chain Body-Across Bag & Watch: Michael Kors

Thank you for reading! 

Yours Truly,

Mickey Boots

xoxo

Photos by Ningyuan Sun (Dark Age Photography) 

No comments:

Post a Comment