Monday 6 May 2013

Day 1 in New York



Finally I was reunited with a dear friend of mine which I had met in Barcelona last year! It had been one year since we last saw each other so it was so lovely to be reunited again and in New York!

I guess what most people do when arriving in New York at night is probably rest for a couple of hours before heading out into the town, but that was most definitely not the case for me. The first thing was to drop off my stuff in the apartment and then head into Times Square with my friend Lea. I literally couldn't wait to explore this beaitiful city and truly make the most of it whilst I was there.






(Photos above - all taken in Times Square)

Now ignore the tired-looking face because it was almost 24 hours since I last slept so no wonder I wasn't looking my usual self. We headed into Time Square and did what most tourists do (take millions of photos of yourself in order to update your instagram later), then after that we headed to the Marriott Hotel to the View Restaurant which is located on the top floor (New York's only revolving restaurant) to have a cocktail or two. Being a major sex and the city fan, of course my drink of choice was the infamous cosmopolitan, after all I am in New York city so I should definitely live it in style and do it the Carrie Bradshaw way.




















The next day, we managed to get up nice and early in order to start exploring. One of the first things which I had promised myself I would visit was the World Trade centre site so I headed downtown first. Honestly it was such a sad experience but Im so glad that I managed to pay my respects. If you ever go, make sure to visit St Pauls Chaple which is opposite the World Trade Centre site.

St Pauls Chapel 

Above - At the World Trade Centre memorial 

After that I headed back uptown to fifth avenue to have some lunch with some friends at the New York public library - New Yorker style. After lunch I decided to go back downtown, walk the famous Brooklyn bridge and take the water taxi around Manhattan as well as visiting the Statue of Liberty. It was truly breathtaking to see the New York skyline and I recommend it as a must do activity if visiting New York for the first time. The weather was just beautiful so it made the experience that little bit better.

Brooklyn

The view of Manhattan from Brooklyn


The Manhattan skyline - beautiful! 


MickeyBoots at the Statue of Liberty! 

To finish off this very touristic day me, my friend Lea and her work collegue went up to Times Square to watch a broadway show, unfortunately we couldn't go see Wicked which we wanted to see but instead we saw The Phantom of The Opera which was amazing! 



Outfit: Jeans - Warehouse | Silk green ruffle-front top - Oasis | Sneakers - Converse | Necklace - Zara | Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters | Blazer - Mango | Handbag - Louis Vuitton | Camera - Canon SLR 1000D

Thanks for reading! 

Yours Truly,

MickeyBoots

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment